Monday, November 29, 2010

A Prophetic Picture

A few years ago our church Joshua Generation held an exhibition and all the
artisits were given a canvas to paint something.

Our son, Neo, was 2 years old at the time and so the song quickly sprang to mind: "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, Red and Yellow, Black & White, They are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world."

So I started looking for images of Red, Yellow & Black kids since I had the
White all wrapped up in Neo.

As the date of the exhibition drew nearer, the size of the canvas (120 x 90cm), scarcity of good Red & Yellow children's images and precious little free time (did I mention I had a two year old?), left me with the realisation that Jesus may well love all the colours of all the children but for this exhibition it was gonna be just Black & White!

A prophetic picture as it so turned out. 2 years later we adopted our brown little girl.


Nina & Neo

Just as well I never got around to painting Red & Yellow...


No comments:

Post a Comment